Friday, July 20, 2012

I Never Would Have Thought...

I am enjoying 'Power Searching with Google.' And in some cases I am
enjoying the subject of the searches even more than the content
covered...
In Class 4 (Find Facts Faster) the activity asked us to find the title
of a book published in the 1880s.
Found it... Published in 1888... But the feedback offered by Google
said the book was published in 1883.
I sent an email with screenshots from the google search and the feedback box.
Wow... I got a reply.
I never expected one.
(side note... How could all of the people participating... Not to
mention google... not find it?)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ellen,

    I am here because you retweeted that I am the @ConnectedEd tweeter for the day which is one of the Connected Educator Month (#C#E12) events. I clicked on your blog link from your Twitter page and viola, here I am.

    I too was part of the Google Power Searching MOOC this summer and remembered when I saw your comment in the forum. I thought I had messed up the search somehow and was glad to find out that was not the case.

    I saw in a previous post of yours that you might need some Twitter help. If there is any way that I can help please feel free to contact me. It is nice to connect with you.

    ReplyDelete